I’ve been reading a lot of stuff lately on Bloglines so some of these entries relate to those but also things going on at the mo:
- I’m currently filling out a job application form. As some of you (I always wonder who reads this :smile:) may know, I’m in a temporary position with Dublin.ie until January. I may then be kept on longer but there’s no guarantees. A permanent position arose in the IS department which looks like it suits the area of work I like. The application needs to be in by Thursday so I’m going to work on it tonight as well.
- Podz made an excellent post on the bird flu pandemic and links to a number of articles on the issue. This type of thing isn’t given the attention it deserves.
- Sam over at [daily dose of imagery] has posted some great photos of late. Some of my favourites include: out of place, hydro towers and fog and trapped sunset. The guy has serious talent.
- Tom posts about eBay’s aquisition of Skype. Now I’m beginning to understand why eBay were so keen to make this deal go through. $2.6 billion dollars is a lot of cash. 😯 He also posted about flexible LCD screens which look really cool plus the upcoming TechCamp Ireland event in October. I’m not too sure if I’ll be able to make it as it’s a former work colleagues wedding reception that evening.
- Dave’s done up a couple of ridiculous posts on superheroes he’d like to be. Part 1 & Part 2. 🙂
- Over at Asterisk, D. Keith Robinson writes an excellent write-up about Kanye West’s new album, Late Registration. He pretty much sums up my feelings on it and its a superb listen. My favourite tracks are: Touch the Sky, Crack Music, Roses, Addiction, We Major and Celebration.