- Really cool public street theatre thing were loads of people go into a store and start moving in slow motion at certain times. Fantastic stuff. 🙂
- Amazing photo of an erupting volcano taken by an astronaut on the International Space Station.
- Photos from the 9th Ward in New Orleans: these were taken this month. Astonishing that this much devestation still exists one year on.
- “New Orleans resident Mark Morice is credited with having rescued over 200 people from the flood immediately following Hurricane Katrina, using an idle boat he comandeered. The owner of that boat is now suing Morice for using the craft to save fellow citizens’ lives.” Unbelievable. 🙁
- Aftermath: A gallery of work by photojournalist David Burnett covering post-Katrina damage in New Orleans and much of the south.
- Improv Everywhere: This is really cool. 200-odd people going in slow-mo in a Home Depot store in New York. The videos are amazing.
- Shazou: Cool extension for Firefox that displays where a web site’s server is located on a Google Map.
I’m going to see Des Bishop in Ballymun tomorrow. He was at Electric Picnic over the weekend and did this rap over Mic Christopher’s “Heyday”. The video is shown in the full post.