A few things I’ve been meaning to link to:
- Clerks 2 has started filming and Kevin Smith is putting up various video posts about the production.
- I’ve used Meebo a couple of times recently. It allows you to get a smart little web based interface to most of the IM systems. I stumbled across it after Dave mentioned it and showed a screenshot. It uses AJAX and is much better than Microsoft’s Web Messenger.
- Another cool link blogged by Dave was photos of MC Hammer’s visit to Google. The guy’s a legend. 🙂
- Dave2 has been touring Italy for the past week or so and he makes a great post about why he hates going on organised tours. It had me in stitches. 😆
- Damien Mulley says what everyone was afraid to say about the new iPod video. 🙂
- A company called QOOP are offering a service to print photobooks from your Flickr! photos. I may see if I can get one of these done up for Christmas as I really like the idea and don’t have any of my digital shots printed yet. 😯
- A couple of cool entries on Lifehacker: How to setup a home FTP server, Special Report from the Web 2.0 Conference, Top Ten Bookmarklets, Del.icio.us Toolkit, Backup Your Flickr! photos
and the very useful How to access a home server behind a router/firewall.
- The Bubble Project (via Karla) is very cool. “I printed 15,000 of these bubble stickers and place them on top of ads all over New York City. Passersby fill them in. I go back and photograph the results.” Fantastic.
- Great new ad for Guinness.
- Edward Burtynsky does some really nice photography. I especially like the quarry photos.
- The Daily Show does a piece on the bird flu. (note: the link is direct to the video)
- This video is stunning as it’s compiled from images of Earth taken by the Messenger spacecraft as it left for Mercury.
- Sam just keeps posting beautiful photos. This one is of the Atlantic Ocean as the sun rises.
- CNET has named its top 100 blogs (via Tom). I haven’t had a chance to check out most of them yet but it is on my list of things to do. 🙂 Unfortunately my blog wasn’t listed. I wonder what odds Paddy Power would give me on making the list next year?
- This site lists speed-runs for lots of different games (via Michael). I don’t know what possesses people to do it but it looks cool.
Right, that’s enough for now. 😉